Series of Heinous Attacks in Tripura by BJP
Coordinated Attacks on CPI(M) Offices & Cadre across the State
1. In Udaipur town, on September 8, there was a pre-scheduled programme of the DFYI on the slogan “Where is my Job”. This programme had already obtained permission from the competent authority. The police, from the previous day, was insisting the organisers to cancel the programme. But they stuck to their programme. On the way to the programme, many participants were attacked by the BJP miscreants. While the procession was about to start, the police did not allow it to proceed. The BJP goons pelted brick-bats and stones at the Udaipur sub-divisional committee office as well as Gomati district committee office of the Party. Here, they heavily damaged the Party car and other vehicles.
2. At Bishalgarh, BJP’s known goondas carried out on an attack on the Sepahijala district committee office and the Bishalgarh sub-divisional committee office in broad day light. They demolished a part of the office by bulldozer and ransacked, looted and set fire to the office equipment in the ground floor and first floor. The house of Partha Pratim Majumdar, Sepahijala district committee member near to Bishalgarh CPI(M) office was raided and ransacked by the same miscreants.
3. At about 4.00 pm on September 8, BJP miscreants came in a procession and attacked the West Tripura district committee office as well as the Sadar sub-divisional committee office at Melarmath, Agartala. There they extensively pelted brick-bats aiming at the office and heavily damaged the front side of the office. They barged into the office breaking the gate and heavily vandalised the first floor. They burnt down and damaged Party car and motor-bikes.
Very close to the West Tripura district committee office, there are offices of an electronic media channel `PN-24 News’ and a newspaper `Pratibadi Kalam whose coverage is not to the liking of the BJP and its government. The same gang of miscreants entered into this office also and vandalised all office equipment inside the office and damaged their car.
4. This was followed by the main attack on the CPI(M) state committee office at Agartala, at about 4.20 pm on September 8. About 60/70 BJP miscreants came in a procession and attacked the state committee office. They burnt down office cars, broke up the statue of Dasarath Deb, and extensively ransacked the ground and first floors of the office.
Till 3.00 pm, there was a contingent of the CRPF jawans in front of the Party office. At 3.00 pm, they were withdrawn from the office and soon after this the attack started. The attackers carried on the destruction inside the office for about an hour.
5. Adjacent to the state committee office, there is the office of the Daily Desharkatha, the newspaper supported by the Party. The miscreants did not spare this office also. They intensively threw brick-bats at the office causing damage to the managerial section of the newspaper.
6. On September 8, there was a procession organised by the BJP at Kathalia under Sonamura sub-division. Though their mobilisation was not so big, after the procession, the BJP miscreants set fire to the Kathalia CPI(M) office and attacked the house of Nani Paul, Sonamura sub-divisional committee member and secretary of the Kathalia Party local committee.